Re: [Ianaplan] draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-02 working group last call

"Richard Hill" <rhill@hill-a.ch> Mon, 03 November 2014 17:23 UTC

From: Richard Hill <rhill@hill-a.ch>
To: "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>, Bernard Aboba <bernard.aboba@gmail.com>, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:23:28 +0100
Cc: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>, Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, ianaplan@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-02 working group last call

Sorry, I don't agree with that.  That language is too vague for me.

If people are not comfortable with the language that is currently in 02,
then I suggest that we develop language to the effect that the intellectual
property rights and the domain name IANA.ORG will be transferred to the ISOC
Trust (or whatever part of ISOC is the appropriate entity to receive it).

In my view, the mark, and the domain name, belong to ISOC morally, if not
legally and, as I said before, I'm sure that everybody would agree that ISOC
will allow whatever entity or entities are providing the IANA function to
use the mark and the domain name.

Best,
Richard