Re: [6tisch] xxx-bootstrap

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Wed, 30 November 2016 10:10 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 11:07:59 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Mališa Vučinić <malisa.vucinic@inria.fr>
Cc: 6tisch <6tisch@ietf.org>, sandeep kumar <sandeep.kumar@philips.com>, consultancy@vanderstok.org
Subject: Re: [6tisch] xxx-bootstrap

Hi Malisa,

thanks for the answer. I am happy to read that there is a shared concern
about reuse.

My concern is the communication between joining node and central node.

Did I understand correctly that you propose to use oscoap for the
communication between joning node and central node?
what content-formats do you propose to transport between joining node
and central node? Will those be different in phase 1 and 2?
What contents do you propose to transport? certificates, YANG/CBOR
documents, keys?
How should I see the co-existence between phase 1 and phase 2? Will
phase 2 be an extension of the transported contents of phase 1?
Apologies for the naivety of my questions, but the number of discussed
possibilities at this moment are quite overwhelming.

I just like to get clear how the bootstrap can be composed of different
standardized parts and where the future evolution is.
Identifying and describing those parts will be a nice step forward.

Peter