Re: [85attendees] ATL Travel Items

Derek Atkins <DAtkins@mocana.com> Tue, 23 October 2012 18:57 UTC

From: Derek Atkins <DAtkins@mocana.com>
To: "bs7652@att.com" <bs7652@att.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:56:59 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "85attendees@ietf.org" <85attendees@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [85attendees] ATL Travel Items

Barbara,

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 18:35 +0000, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:

> Airport notes: I always take MARTA, unless it's after midnight, or I'm departing on a flight before 7am. If you find yourself
> with a bit of extra time on arrival or departure, the stone sculpture exhibit between terminals T and A is way cool.
> If you arrive internationally to the E terminal, be prepared to walk about a mile (1.6 km) to get to passport control.
> For anyone who might have problems with walking this distance, requesting a wheelchair is free and easy. While you have
> to take the free shuttle from the International Terminal to get to MARTA (the shuttle is nice and easy, people are nice,
> and it runs constantly) when arriving, departing internationally is much easier. You can check in to international
> departures at the same terminal where MARTA is, and the Plane Train goes to all terminals -- but think about walking
> that T to A stretch to see the sculptures.

Just an FYI that ATL opened up International Terminal F, and I believe
that most of the International Arrivals come there now.  I have not had
the chance to visit the terminal so the walk might not be as bad as it
was in Terminal E.  Another thing about Terminal F is that you can now
finally exit the airport without re-entering the secured area!  This
means you do not need to recheck your bag, go through security again,
and then pick up your bag yet again.  The downside is that you need to
take an extra level of ground transportation to get over to MARTA.

Like I said, I haven't had the chance to experience terminal F, yet, so
I don't know how bad that is.

-derek