Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04.txt

Simon Barber <simon@superduper.net> Wed, 13 May 2015 04:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 21:06:00 -0700
From: Simon Barber <simon@superduper.net>
To: John Leslie <john@jlc.net>
Cc: aqm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04.txt

Hi John,

Where would be the best place to see if it would be possible to get
agreement on a global low priority DSCP?

In the latest draft:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-11

Top of page 16, line 3 it says "AQM should be applied across the classes
or flows as well as within each class or flow"

It does also say "AQM mechanisms need to allow combination with other
mechanisms, such as scheduling, to allow implementation of policies for
providing fairness between different flows."

But I'm still not happy with the statement that AQM should be applied
'across the classes'.

Simon