Re: [armd] soliciting typical network designs for ARMD

Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com> Tue, 09 August 2011 17:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 10:58:30 -0700
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
To: Linda Dunbar <dunbar.ll@gmail.com>
Cc: armd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [armd] soliciting typical network designs for ARMD

Hi Linda,
I am unsure what you mean by this, but:

   1. layer 3 all the way to TOR (Top of Rack switches),

We can also have a heirarchical network, with the core totally Layer-3 (and
having seperate routing), from the hosts still in a large Layer-3 subnet.
Another aspect could be to have a totally Layer-3 network.

The difference between them is the link between the servers and the ToR.

Thanks,
Vishwas