Re: [AVTCORE] Leap seconds

Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com> Wed, 14 September 2011 19:44 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:46:32 -0600
From: Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com>
To: Jamie Gordon <jgordon@real.com>
Cc: "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Leap seconds

If you do want to use the default mode and consider the wallclock in the SRs
be a NTP/UTC time, the presence of a leap seconds in that timebase does
appear to cause problems.

Other timebase discontinuities (initial sync to time server) might be
considered an error and interruption is expected. Leap seconds are scheduled
and ideally should not cause interruption. Senders should not have to lie
about what time it is to keep their receivers happy.

Kevin

--
Kevin Gross
AVA Networks