Re: [AVTCORE] Leap seconds

Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com> Wed, 14 September 2011 19:52 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:54:23 -0600
From: Kevin Gross <kevin.gross@avanw.com>
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: Stephen Casner <casner@acm.org>, "Allison, Art" <AAllison@nab.org>, avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Leap seconds

RFC 5905 indicates that the 64-bit NTP timestamps used by the NTP protocol
are a bit more complex than that. Specifically, these NTP timestamps have
discontinuities around leap seconds. RFC 3550 does not spell it out exactly
but I assume the 64-bit NTP timestamp in the RTCP sender report sould behave
according to the definition in RFC 5905.

Kevin