RE: [AVT] T.38 over RTP: RTP Sequence Number

"Oren Peleg" <OrenP@audiocodes.com> Tue, 19 July 2005 12:24 UTC

Subject: RE: [AVT] T.38 over RTP: RTP Sequence Number
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:24:55 +0300
From: Oren Peleg <OrenP@audiocodes.com>
To: Vladimir Ulybin <Vladimir@audiocodes.com>, "Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com>, Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Cc: avt@ietf.org
Sender: avt-bounces@ietf.org

I would like to suggest the following:

Since Timestamp is profile specific, the T.38 RTP profile draft
(currently draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-05.txt) will add a special case of
Timestamp manipulation which will be used for redundant control packet
transmission (similar to the End packet of the RFC 2833 event). At this
special case the timestamp that will be used at the redundant packets
will be the same as the timestamp of the original packet. The number of
redundant packets will be determined via SDP using a special parameter.

Oren P.