Re: I-D ACTION:draft-farrel-ccamp-inter-domain-framework-00.txt

dimitri papadimitriou <dpapadimitriou@psg.com> Tue, 11 May 2004 20:25 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:08:08 +0200
From: dimitri papadimitriou <dpapadimitriou@psg.com>
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-farrel-ccamp-inter-domain-framework-00.txt
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

hi adrian,

Adrian Farrel wrote:

 > Folks,
 >
 > This draft represents the first step in the much-discussed six point
 > plan towards inter-area/AS solutions.
 >
 > I would like three things to happen:
 >
 > a. This draft to become a WG draft
 >     Please send your opinions

i think this is a good start

 > b. The draft to be reinforced in areas that people consider necessary
 >     One such area MAY be diverse routing.
 >     Please send suggested text, but
 >     - recall that this is not a solutions draft
 >     - try to keep the length of the draft down below 100 pages

i think the draft should focus on automated stitching and more advanced
features like inter-domain recovery and crankback signaling

this said the document points out a very interesting concept of multi-
domain FA (since so far the concept has been detailed in the context of
a single area and TE link) - imho it would be worth reinforcing also
this part of the document as well, if that was the intention -