Working Group Status

Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com> Tue, 06 July 1993 19:28 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1993 15:04:51 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com>
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Working Group Status

July 5 was our deadline to have a document ready for recommendation as a
Proposed Standard.  The volume of discussion on the list lately has improved,
but I must apologize that I have not had time to follow it either to moderate
or contribute, and as such I have little idea as to where the document stands.
Yes, that means I've not been a good chair.  Real Life intruded.  Anyway...

*** Call for Consensus ***

Assuming that we have a relatively up-to-date draft, I propose that we drop it
in the laps of the Network Management Area Director and his Directorate.  They
may a) pass it on as a Proposed Standard, b) extend our charter, pick a chair
that will actually help, and ask that it be improved in specific ways, c)
terminate the working group, or d) do something else they think of.

Noting that we have little other choice, do I hear strong objections or
alternatives?  Also please note that I will not be able to even look at
replies until Friday (Real Life).  At least this provides an organized topic
for yelling, and some of the Directorate people are surely listening.

*** No-Meeting Announcement ***

We are on the agenda for Amsterdam.  This was a bit unusual, as our schedule
defines us as done by then.  Due to the aforementioned intrusion of Real Life,
I will not be in Amsterdam.  There will be no Chassis MIB meeting there.  I
apologize for this late notice.  See previous excuses.

	Bob