Re: [Coin] Comments re. draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases (was: Re: Cancelling the COINRG meeting at IETF113)

Dirk Trossen <dirk.trossen@huawei.com> Thu, 14 April 2022 12:47 UTC

From: Dirk Trossen <dirk.trossen@huawei.com>
To: Jon Crowcroft <Jon.Crowcroft@cl.cam.ac.uk>, Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
CC: Sharon Barkai <sharon.barkai@getnexar.com>, "Schooler, Eve M" <eve.m.schooler@intel.com>, Marie-Jose Montpetit <marie@mjmontpetit.com>, coinrg-chairs <coinrg-chairs@ietf.org>, coin <coin@irtf.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:47:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.202.181.139]
Subject: Re: [Coin] Comments re. draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases (was: Re: Cancelling the COINRG meeting at IETF113)

Jon,

Thanks, very useful reference and something to pull into the use case draft (added the list of possible revisions/additions).

It raises an interesting question to discuss, namely how to position the ongoing 'in-network' evolution in DCs against the envisioned 'in-network' evolution in the wider Internet.

For starters, it would be interesting to see the limitations of approaches outlined in the paper when being applied to beyond DC environments.

Best,

Dirk