Re: [Coin] Cancelling the COINRG meeting at IETF113

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Fri, 11 March 2022 17:49 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:49:15 +0100
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: "Schooler, Eve M" <eve.m.schooler@intel.com>
Cc: Dirk Trossen <dirk.trossen=40huawei.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, Marie-Jose Montpetit <marie@mjmontpetit.com>, coin <coin@irtf.org>, coinrg-chairs <coinrg-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Coin] Cancelling the COINRG meeting at IETF113

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 08:35:16AM +0000, Schooler, Eve M wrote:
> As for transparency…If you are a regular reader of this list, then it is painfully obvious that there has been quite a bit of divisiveness happening both on and off the list. As chairs, given the state of the agenda and the tone of the dialog, we felt the need to take a step back from the vitriol and simply take a deep breath to regroup.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. But you can imagine that
anybody who might feel addressed by your "vitriol" would not be happy about that
name calling either. I for once don't that anybody did spill vitriol, and especially
if you think i did, then i would very much appreciate if you would call such
a perception out, for example in private mail, before making it lead to such
choices for the RG.

I am also not sure where there would be divisiveness in the community wrt. COIN work.
As i said, with a charter as openly written, there is a lot of freedom to put
work items in or out of scope, and the chairs did attempt to define a line
what was in and out. In response, i was suggesting a technical presentation
that was intended to describe the intricate dependencies between what was
declared to be in and what was maybe? declared out (not to dissimilar to what IMHO
the use-case draft has), but with use-case examples focussed on what i think
we would call semantic addressing. To help continue that technical/research discussion.

In any case, it would be nice to understand if/when you would make a decision
whether to accept my proposal for a presentation based on the outline i sent.

Cheers
    Toerless