Re: [dc] Comment of draft-dalela-dc-requirements

Lizhong Jin<lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn> Tue, 10 January 2012 12:35 UTC

To: "Ashish Dalela (adalela)" <adalela@cisco.com>
From: Lizhong Jin <lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:35:12 +0800
Cc: dc@ietf.org, Lizhong Jin <lizho.jin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [dc] Comment of draft-dalela-dc-requirements

Hi Ashish,
Please see inline below. Thanks.

Lizhong

"Ashish Dalela (adalela)" <adalela@cisco.com> 写于 2012/01/10 18:26:04:

> Hi Lizhong,
>
> Please see inline.
>
> Thanks, Ashish

[Lizhong] yes, agree

> Section 5.5, last paragraph about mobility. It seems that this
> paragraph is not much related with "network convergence", but is
> about "host mobility impact to the network resource".
>
> [AD] This paragraph is describing what happens when a whole server
> is replicated (not just a single VM). This will happen in case of
> disaster recovery. Note that in this case there is change to host
> routes, but also change to network routes (the routes to reach the
> virtual switch have changed). Let me know if this needs to be
> reworded or clarified more.
[Lizhong] if you refer the virtual switch and firewall relocation as
network convergence, then the word is OK.

> While I find that, section 5.1 is about the "host mobility impact to
> L2/3 forwarding", 5.10 is about the "host mobility impact to
> forwarding tables". Suggest to re-organize the three parts which are
> all related with impact of host mobility.
>
> [AD] Agree with your comment. Section 5.5 describes control plane
> scale while 5.10 describes forwarding plane scale issues. Section 5.
> 1 is overlapping. Would you suggest removing 5.1?
[Lizhong] merging 5.1 to 5.10 is OK.

> Regards
> Lizhong

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.