Re: [Dime] AD review of draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09.txt - part 2

Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com> Wed, 11 July 2012 09:05 UTC

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:05:43 +0200
From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Cc: Michelle Cotton <michelle.cotton@icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Dime] AD review of draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09.txt - part 2

Dear all, Glen,

Two more points, part of the AD review (I needed a little bit of
education before making those points, hence the part 2 in my review)

1. the NASREQ application is specified in RFC4005bis, but IANA points to
RFC3588bis
See
http://www.iana.org/assignments/aaa-parameters/aaa-parameters.xml#aaa-parameters-45

with an entry for Application id= 1, for NASREQ, with the reference
[RFC-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33]

I understand the history: RFC3588 introduced this application id value 1
in the IANA Considerations section.
However, RFC3588bis, which will obsolete RFC3588, doesn't mention this
application id (obviously, because it was assigned already).
So don't you believe that we should correct this and have, in the IANA
Considerations section of
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09.txt , a message
basically expressing:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/aaa-parameters/aaa-parameters.xml#aaa-parameters-45
should contain
              Application id= 1, for NASREQ, with the reference
[RFC4005bis]

2.  In section 3.10Accounting-Answer (ACA) Command

    The same level of security MUST
    be applied to both the Accounting-Request and the corresponding
    Accounting-Answer message.  For example, if the ACR was protected
    using end-to-end security techniques then the corresponding ACA
    message MUST be protected in the same way; note, however, that the
    definition of such techniques is outside the scope of this document.

Note: this message about "The same level of security ..." is only
available in that section
Why does this apply only to Accounting-Request and Accounting-Answer?
Or does it apply to all Request/Answer?

Regards, Benoit.