Re: [dispatch] New version for the Alert-Info URNs draft: draft-liess-dispatch-alert-info-urns-00.txt

<L.Liess@telekom.de> Fri, 30 October 2009 15:34 UTC

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:34:51 +0100
From: L.Liess@telekom.de
To: alan@sipstation.com
Cc: dispatch@ietf.org, anwars@avaya.com, R.Jesske@telekom.de
Subject: Re: [dispatch] New version for the Alert-Info URNs draft: draft-liess-dispatch-alert-info-urns-00.txt

Alan,

> I wonder if some of the confusion we are having is because we are not
> cleanly separating ring tones from ringback tones.

I fully agree with you.

What about defining a 3rd alert-category  "ringback-tone" and register
the country-codes only for this (<urn:alert:ringback-tone:al>)? And
maybe rename the alert-category "tone" in "ring-tone" ?  A "ring-tone"
URN is only sent in INVITE, a "ringback-tone" URN is only sent in a 180
Ringing.

Or is something wrong with this?

Thanks a lot
Laura