Re: [dispatch] DISPATCH-78 topics - Alert URNs

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com> Fri, 11 June 2010 11:59 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:58:55 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
To: Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>
Cc: Robert Sparks <RjS@nostrum.com>, DISPATCH <dispatch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] DISPATCH-78 topics - Alert URNs

Hi,

yes, Mary's description is correct. The process is as follows. Once we
agreed on the charter, I requested the IESG to review it. This charter
will be discussed in the next IESG telechat (the coming Thursday),
actually. Once the IESG is happy with it, the next step will be to have
an IETF-wide review. After that, we will be able to charter the WG.

In any case, as we have said a number of times, proponents of a
particular piece of work should not stop working on it while we charter
their WG. They are encouraged to continue making progress in parallel
with the chartering process.

Cheers,

Gonzalo