Re: [dtn-interest] New routing solutions?

waldir moreira <faqzao@hotmail.com> Wed, 12 November 2014 18:28 UTC

From: waldir moreira <faqzao@hotmail.com>
To: "Ivancic, William D. GRC-LCA0" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>, "dtn-interest@irtf.org" <dtn-interest@irtf.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:28:14 +0000
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] New routing solutions?

Dear Will,
Thanks for the email.
I agree with you regarding the access to connectivity in urban settings. However, in many situations (and considering I dont want to pay 3G access), I still find myself in "shadowed" areas (tons of closed APs, lots of resourceful peers around that I dont know about their capabilities), and maybe with such solution we could mitigate such situations.
Still, this situation and the ones you mention are application scenarios, each with their own challenges (privacy, reliability, to name a few) and very good ones.
But the point I raise here is that if it is enough for users to "bring their own or do simple store-carry-and-forward",  does it mean that regarding routing the DTNRG is done with PROPHET?
Cheers,
Waldir