Re: [Ecrit] New Work

<hannu.hietalahti@nokia.com> Wed, 18 August 2010 07:19 UTC

From: hannu.hietalahti@nokia.com
To: jmpolk@cisco.com, bernard_aboba@hotmail.com, mlinsner@cisco.com, ecrit@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:19:36 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] New Work

Hi James,

and sorry to corner you to a 3GPP-friendly situation ;-)

In psap-callback (and sos-parameter) 3GPP needs an indication of callback (and special registration) to trigger specific processing of the request.

3GPP would prefer to use generic IETF based mechanisms for such indications, as is already shown by us postponing the question to wait for IETF solution, even at the cost of leaving this critical part out of Rel-9 which is the first release expected to contain a full emergency call support.

Regulatory emergency call requirements and EPC/LTE deployments make the protocol solution for callback and emergency registration more urgent than they used to be in specification drafting phase.

Thanks Martin for volunteering to work on callback!

BR,
Hannu Hietalahti
3GPP TSG CT Chairman
tel: +358 40 5021724