Re: [Ecrit] ECRIT WG Rechartering

"Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com> Tue, 14 October 2008 17:33 UTC

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:33:25 +0300
From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
To: ext Spencer Dawkins <spencer@wonderhamster.org>, ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] ECRIT WG Rechartering
Sender: ecrit-bounces@ietf.org

Good question, Spencer.

Here is the story: During the IETF#72 ECRIT meeting we said that we
would request a longer slot for ECRIT and then use one part of the
meeting to discuss the next steps regarding the authority-to-citizen
given that we got good feedback from a previous adhoc meeting (I guess
that was in the Chicago IETF).

Brian and Steve were nominated to organize this early warning session.

Anyway, when I wanted to request a longer slot for ECRIT but Cullen
suggested to schedule a separate (official) BOF instead. As such, Marc
and I changed our request to a small slot for ECRIT and Brian and Steve
started their work on the charter proposal for the BOF. For some reason
they haven't sent the text to the list yet and I might not even have the
latest version. The BOF is listed on the scheduled BOF page (see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki) and I was hoping to see some
mails from Brian/Steve sometime soon.

Since the BOF did not take place yet there is obviously no decision on
whether that work should be done in the IETF at all and in what group
(if at all).

Ciao
Hannes