Re: [eppext] Recharter Milestones discussion

Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl> Tue, 08 December 2015 10:01 UTC

From: Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:01:18 +0100
To: eppext <eppext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [eppext] Recharter Milestones discussion

Op 7 dec. 2015, om 04:36 heeft Linlin Zhou <zhoulinlin@cnnic.cn> het volgende geschreven:

> I agree that the WG needs a milestone and schedule, since we do not have so
> much time to work on these existing documents in parallel. In my opinion,
> the logical working process of a draft is that first calling for WG
> adoption, approved by WG (discussed and supported on the mailing list or at
> the f2f meeting), included in the milestone, etc.. I believe that all the
> document should follow the clear working path. If a document has opposed
> comments, whether or not we should discuss the technical stuff first and
> pend the document included in the charter. The nv draft as a single
> informational document, which is related to some Chinese local policies, I
> still do not see a clarified consensus on it. Shall we discuss if the
> document is qualified to be a WG document?

OK, so I already heard we want to remove the relay draft from the list of milestones.
That leaves us with a list of 9 documents for WG adoption.
You specifically want to hear a voice of adoption for the informational nv-mapping draft.
What does the WG think of this document?
Should we adopt it now, or remove it from the list of milestones and possibly add it later as a WG item?

> For the priority issue, I think the document with most discussion and
> support should be listed in the first priority. The verification drafts were
> proposed before last IETF, there's still no thorough discussion about them
> on the mailing list. It is somewhat a hurry to complete 3 drafts WGLC in a
> period of time less than one month. Moreover, most of the WG members will
> have a Christmas holiday, I guess. Though we don't have such a long holiday
> in China :)

So what do you propose here?
Should we prioritize the reseller draft since it had more review over the verification draft(s)?
So put reseller in group 1 and verification in group 2?
What does te WG think of this proposal?

> Again, I feel obliged to discuss more about the technical issues on existing
> drafts. Let's move this recharter work and take action on drafts as soon as
> possible.

I also want to speed up the technical discussion as we have enough work to do.
So let’s get this charter discussion out of our way and create a list of milestones so we know what work lies ahead.

Regards,

- --
Antoin Verschuren

Tweevoren 6, 5672 SB Nuenen, NL