Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

" SUBSCRIBE FORCES B. J. Kang " <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM> Thu, 13 September 2007 06:59 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:59:15 -0400
From: "SUBSCRIBE FORCES B. J. Kang" <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:04:42 -0400, Joel M. Halpern
<joel@stevecrocker.com> wrote:

>For every table (array) in a Forces Object there is a properties
>object (accessible via the protocol) which includes the first free
>table entry, as well as the last used table entry.  So the
>information the CE needs is always available.
>In fact, since the CE generally created the table, and created the
>entries, it is anticipated that the CE will normally have a mirror
>copy with any annotation information it wants, obviating the need to
>query these fields.

What you mean is that I can get the information about which row is free
without getting all the contents of a table to find the index of free rows?

Because I try to implement Failover, I can not think that Backup CEs have the
mirror copy of all FEs.

Thanks a lot