Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

" SUBSCRIBE FORCES B. J. Kang " <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM> Mon, 17 September 2007 02:28 UTC

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:28:49 -0400
From: "SUBSCRIBE FORCES B. J. Kang" <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:42:30 -0400, Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 2007-13-09 at 00:50 -0400, B. J. Kang wrote:
>
>> >If you want to reset the contents of a table,
>> >simply make the table (not an element of the
>> >table, but the table itself) the target of a SET
>> >operation, and provide the contents you want to
>> >set it to  (including a 0 length content, which will create an empty table.)
>> >

>> Thanks for your answer. But it is a normal solution, or a trick?
>
>No, it is not a trick - rather design intent.
>If you look at the examples, you will see some that dump the whole table
>with GET operation. Likewise a table flush/delete will be of the same
>nature with the appropriate operation. The path points to the object,
>the operation says what to do.
>Do you think we need to be explicit on this issue?

So if I have a table and IDs is 1.3, I can use DEL opeation with IDs = 1.3 and
FULLDATA TLV = 4(only T+L, no Value) to kill all content of the table?

In the article "Draft Protocol", it defines a lot of return code of Result TLV. But
I have some confusion. Like "0x01 E_INVALID_HEADER", if I parse a packet and
its common header is incorrect, where can I put the Rusult TLV to report the
error?

Thanks a lot.