Re: [gaia] draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments. Mitar review, question #1: Motivations

panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> Thu, 14 April 2016 09:17 UTC

To: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>, gaia@irtf.org
From: panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:17:51 +0200
Subject: Re: [gaia] draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments. Mitar review, question #1: Motivations

On 14/04/16 11:03, Jose Saldana wrote:
> This is a good point.
>
> These would be goals (why the network is useful, what is its main
> "service"):
>
> We can split the list into two, with different introductory paragraphs. We
> should take into account that these motivations are used in the
> classification.
>
> Something like:
>
> Alternative Networks can also be classified according to the underlying
> motivation
> for them, i.e. the goals it tries to accomplish:
> [...]
> Do you agree with the separation?

Yes, I think that the separation is necessary and especially for the
case of
"motivations", in case you think it is really important to include them,
I would
be at least careful with the phrasing and add some references. Having read
most of the literature on this topic I will try to polish this part and
make a
concrete proposal (next week).