Re: [Geopriv] HELD using XCAP wrt Common Policy/Geolocation Policy

"Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Tue, 22 September 2009 06:55 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: 'Richard Barnes' <rbarnes@bbn.com>, "'Winterbottom, James'" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:59:20 +0300
Cc: 'GEOPRIV' <geopriv@ietf.org>, "'James M. Polk'" <jmpolk@cisco.com>, "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] HELD using XCAP wrt Common Policy/Geolocation Policy

Hi Richard,

Regarding (1): The usage of XCAP for the transport instead of the mechanism
currently described in Context is certain something we could investigate. I
have not followed the recent work in BLISS but aren't some folks trying to
invent a new protocol mechanism to update XCAP?

Regarding (2): I have tried to create such an extension to Common Policy &
the Gelocation Policy (since I thought it was a good idea after the
discussion we had at the interim meeting) but then the outcome convinced me
that it isn't.

Here is the result I came up with about a year ago:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/geopriv/current/msg05907.html

We might want to revisit that very brief discussion and try to the
complexity for implementers.

Ciao
Hannes