[Hipsec-rg] comments on draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-01

heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de (Tobias Heer) Thu, 25 September 2008 14:14 UTC

From: "heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de"
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:14:50 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] comments on draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-01

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for raising the discussion again. I am of course willing to
continue to work on the draft in any way. However, I would prefer to
continue in close collaboration with the RG or the WG as their input
means a lot to me.

I guess the question whether to pursue the draft is essentially the
question if HIP should be used for path-coupled signaling to
middleboxes (i.e., expect that at some point in time there will be
middleboxes that inspect HIP payload and use the HI namespace).
Therefore, I would be interested if the RG thinks that using the HI
namespace by on-path HIP-aware nodes is useful/desired/necessary or
not. If so, is the approach that the draft takes a good one or should
we reconsider?

Input from the list is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tobias