Re: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 05 November 2020 01:03 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Christoph Loibl' <c@tix.at>, 'Éric Vyncke' <evyncke@cisco.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 20:02:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Eric:

I want to underscore one point Christoph made for your review in the morning.

The WG purpose for this version of flowspec (RFC5575-bis) was to fix existing issues (bugs, v6, within AS extension).  These fixes allow the operators to continue to have DDoW work while the IDR working group to create a second revision of flow specification.

Sue (co-author, WG co-chair).