Re: [arch-d] Draft IAB conflict of interest policy

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Wed, 15 January 2020 22:16 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:16:37 +0100
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: IAB Chair <iab-chair@iab.org>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, architecture-discuss@ietf.org, iab@iab.org
Subject: Re: [arch-d] Draft IAB conflict of interest policy

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 03:14:57PM -0800, IAB Chair wrote:
[...]

> Covered Individuals shall not use the IAB???s resources or decisions as a
> means for personal or third-party gain.

I really do not know how to judge this.

I am thining about the following question to (candidate) IAB members:

"Can the work of the IAB that you contribute to impact future
financial results of your employer / sponsor ?"

If one would answer YES, does that constitute a COI ?

If not, then what would be a good reference example for the most minor COI
that one should be concerned about ?

Thanks
    Toerless