Re: IESG position on NAT traversal and IPv4/IPv6

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com> Mon, 15 November 2010 09:13 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:14:01 +0200
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
Subject: Re: IESG position on NAT traversal and IPv4/IPv6
Cc: "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org list" <ietf@ietf.org>

Hi Hadriel,

note that you do not really need to use the he/she convetion to hide the
identity of that AD because all the current ADs are male :o)

In any case, I think I made my *personal* position pretty clear in the
BFCP over UDP discussion we had in the DISPATCH session. NAT traversal
is an essential feature if we want to deploy some of our technologies in
certain scenarios... and we need to make sure our technologies are
deployable. Technologies that are not deployable in the real world
become irrelevant pretty soon.

Cheers,

Gonzalo