Re: [Ipoverib] Please read - proposed WG termination

Vivek Kashyap <kashyapv@us.ibm.com> Tue, 30 August 2005 05:47 UTC

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:39:11 -0700
From: Vivek Kashyap <kashyapv@us.ibm.com>
To: "H.K. Jerry Chu" <Jerry.Chu@eng.sun.com>
Subject: Re: [Ipoverib] Please read - proposed WG termination
Cc: margaret@thingmagic.com, ipoverib@ietf.org, Bill_Strahm@McAfee.com
Sender: ipoverib-bounces@ietf.org

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, H.K. Jerry Chu wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> With the DHCP over IB draft in IESG's hand, we are done with all
> the basic IPoIB work, including the architecture (informational),
> encapsulation, and DHCP (standard tracked). Now seems a good time
> to decide the next step for the WG.
>
> The work on IPoIB connected mode and most of the MIB drafts started
> a while back (2003/2002). Over the years the interest/participation
> level on these work has not been high, and now the work seems to drag
> on indefinitely. The AD has recently questioned whether the remaining
> work should be continued or not.
>
> The following is a quick update on their status:
>
> 1. IPoIB connected mode
> draft-ietf-ipoib-connected-mode-00.txt
> updated recently

Well, in recent days there has been a discussion going on based on Dror's
input. I also made some updates after some discussion on OpenIB (not on
IETF though).  This draft itself became a working group draft this february
after some lively discussion just before that.  It appears to me that we
should be possible to finalise this draft soon enough.

20th sept. might be long enough to know one way or the other...

vivek