RE: [Ipoverib] Please read - proposed WG termination

Michael Krause <krause@cup.hp.com> Tue, 30 August 2005 17:04 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:46:45 -0700
To: Vivek Kashyap <kashyapv@us.ibm.com>, Yaron Haviv <yaronh@voltaire.com>
From: Michael Krause <krause@cup.hp.com>
Subject: RE: [Ipoverib] Please read - proposed WG termination
Cc: margaret@thingmagic.com, ipoverib@ietf.org, Bill_Strahm@McAfee.com
Sender: ipoverib-bounces@ietf.org

Am I missing something here?  I don't recall ever having to tell everyone
to unarp when I migrate an IP address from one NIC to another.  The network
stack issues the new address and remote endnodes note the change.  I don't
recall ever having to tell everyone when I migrate a MAC address from one
NIC to another.  Why is IB any different in this regard for either of these
cases?  The layer 2 address which includes all of the parameters subject to
change is updated and the remote endnodes note the change.  What is so hard
about that?

Mike