Re: [ippm] draft-baillargeon-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets

Steve Baillargeon <steve.baillargeon@ericsson.com> Thu, 28 April 2011 12:53 UTC

From: Steve Baillargeon <steve.baillargeon@ericsson.com>
To: Henk Uijterwaal <henk@uijterwaal.nl>, IETF IPPM WG <ippm@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:52:42 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [ippm] draft-baillargeon-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets

Hi
The draft proposes to enhance the TWAMP control protocol with a new mode and add the less possible set of new fields to the TWAMP test packets. The objective is to allow a single test session of a given type-P to measure capacity metrics over time on a given path using any capacity estimation methods. Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with such goal?

Based on the last discussion, I believe we have a general agreement on the draft. At least, I noticed that more people supporting it than opposing it. I did not see any counter arguments from Al and I did not hear any concerns from anyone else.
See enclosed email explaining the logic behind improving the test protocol.

-Steve