RE: [homenet] ULA scope [draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise-05.txt]

Anders Brandt <Anders_Brandt@sigmadesigns.com> Thu, 22 March 2012 09:07 UTC

From: Anders Brandt <Anders_Brandt@sigmadesigns.com>
To: Ray Hunter <v6ops@globis.net>, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [homenet] ULA scope [draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise-05.txt]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:06:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.10.120]
Cc: Tim Chown <tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, 6man <ipv6@ietf.org>, "homenet@ietf.org Group" <homenet@ietf.org>

Ray,

> So I humbly suggest the WG should first concentrate on properly formulating and clarifying the high level architectural requirements,
> rather than on ULA in and of itself.

I agree that we must concentrate on the architecture requirements first.
It would however be unfortunate if these requirements ruled out the case of routing between homenet subnets based on stable addresses when
we have a couple of use cases for LLNs that call such functionality.
Maybe I should provide some use cases to Bing's draft to outline why this matters to us LLN guys.

I think I need some education on ULA routing - starting new thread...

- Anders