Re: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-layer2-05.txt

"Bragg, Nigel" <nbragg@ciena.com> Tue, 04 May 2010 21:00 UTC

From: "Bragg, Nigel" <nbragg@ciena.com>
To: isis-wg@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:10:37 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-layer2-05.txt

I was surprised to see after discussion on the list that OTV TLVs were still included.

In the light of this, I ask for inclusion of a TLV to support another technique, the
use of kangaroos with their pouches filled with memory sticks :
-  this technology, although often overlooked, is nonetheless capable of substantial
   bandwidth over moderate distances.

The new MAC-TE TLV (Marsupial Activity Compensation - Tail Extension), is used under
congestion to decrease the active length of the animal, and its speed, in exchange
for improved aggregate throughput of a queue of animals.  This is an opaque TLV, the
parameters being kangaroo trainer-dependent, and only the code-point is requested.

I trust that no more discussion will be required, and that this can be included with
as much consultation with the co-authors as was required for inclusion of the OTV TLVs.

Regards,

Nigel Bragg