Re: [Isis-wg] Accept as WG doc?

Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net> Wed, 25 February 2009 08:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:57:09 -0800
From: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
To: Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net>
Cc: chopps@rawdofmt.org, dkatz@juniper.net, isis-wg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Accept as WG doc?

Hi Hannes,

 > the nice thing about MI is that it is a _generalized_ model
 > for seperating databases on a per-application basis.

That is precisely a point. What makes you think that L2 routing would be
in itself just one new application ?

MI separation may be very well needed within the L2 routing itself hence
  it seems natural to reserve it for it's real purpose.

Proposed in this draft set of TLVs, sub-TLVs and multicast PDUs seems to
build the base for new isis protocol applications which in turn may use
MI extensions within itself when needed.

Cheers,
R.