Re: [Isis-wg] WG adoption of draft-baker-ipv6-isis-dst-src-routing-06

David Lamparter <equinox@diac24.net> Tue, 18 July 2017 09:35 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:35:42 +0200
From: David Lamparter <equinox@diac24.net>
To: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Cc: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] WG adoption of draft-baker-ipv6-isis-dst-src-routing-06

Hello IS-IS folks,

so, I've unfortunately dropped the ball on this (had some health issues,
but really I'm just bad at IETF interactions).  I'd like to apologize
for that and am certainly working to improve.

Having just sat through a v6ops presentation of Microsoft's setup for
their enterprise cloud products relying on multihomed IPv6 setups with
distinct source prefixes pushed to clients, I'm re-motivated that this
is a draft worth pushing to RFC -- this is after similar signaling from
Google.
Hence, question #1:  I strongly believe we have the input there that
this will see deployment in IS-IS in enterprise setups.  Certainly not
all of them, but enough to be significant.  Les, does this address your
concerns on actual deployment?  (Does anyone else have similar
concerns?)

After that, question #2 would be - what state is this draft actually in
now?  Should I ask for WG adoption again?  As far as I can tell
"scepticism on whether it'll actually be deployed".  I didn't see any
flat-out disagreement.

And, finally, #3, I (still, gah) have some pending edits addressing some
feedback Tony raised;  correlated with previous question, I'm not sure
whether I should just repost it as individual draft ASAP?  (and/or
how/whether this interacts with the adoption call.

[I guess the latter 2 are questions for the chairs, but I'll happy about
all input ;)]

Thanks for any help,

-David