Re: AD review of draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn

"Rabadan, Jorge (Jorge)" <jorge.rabadan@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 01 August 2014 22:19 UTC

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Jorge)" <jorge.rabadan@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <sajassi@cisco.com>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn.all@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: AD review of draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:19:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.39]
Cc: "l2vpn@ietf.org" <l2vpn@ietf.org>

Ali,

I just realized something:

Page 19:
"If Single-Active redundancy mode is desired, then the "Single-Active” bit
in the flags of the ESI Label Extended Community MUST be set to 1 and the
ESI label MUST be set to zero."

later in the same page:
“...The ESI label SHOULD be distributed by all PEs when operating in
Single-Active redundancy mode using a set of Ethernet A-D per ES route."

If the single-active PEs SHOULD distribute the ESI label, the “ESI label
MUST be set to zero” statement sounds wrong. Can you please change it to
“MAY” if you agree?

Thank you.
Jorge