Re: [lisp] Call for adoption of draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-10

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Tue, 14 August 2012 00:58 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: "John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:58:38 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [lisp] Call for adoption of draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-10

John,

The draft is a LISP control message data format document, it is not
specifying the precise behaviors of l2/l3vpn over LISP. It enables those
workgroups to have or work on solutions (should they so choose) that can be
transported by LISP. There is no mandatory statements here to say they must.
Just as the document describes a geo location (s4.4) LISP is the common
denominator here. I do not see any value in splitting this one document into
numerous different documents housed in many different workgroups.

If this draft is accepted by the WG as a WG item, I will be advising the
chairs of the other WGs that are implicated by the fact that LISP could be
used as a transport, that a piece of work in LISP should be reviewed by
them.

I am allowing the call for adoption to go ahead.

Thanks
Terry