RE: [MEDIACTRL] Requirements Comment

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Tue, 20 March 2007 13:33 UTC

Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] Requirements Comment
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:32:56 +0200
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: Steve Buko <steve.buko@dialogic.com>, Eric Burger <eburger@bea.com>, mediactrl@ietf.org

About requirement 10 in draft-even-media-server-req-02. The requirement
is that the AS will be able to tell its clients where to send the media
to. In the case of IP that means that it will not manage the transport
addresses on the media server. It needs some way to get the transport
address to be used on the protocol between the AS and its clients

I assume that if the media server also has circuit switch connections
(PSTN / ISDN) this may be a phone number. My view is that the phone
numbers will be managed by the AS and it will not need to get them from
the MS.

As for req-mcp-11, if it addresses the connection from MS to the client,
I think that it already discuss a solution. If it is between the AS and
MS, it may be either in the SIP connection or it can be in the control
protocol.

Roni