RE: [MEDIACTRL] Re: Requirements Comment

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Tue, 20 March 2007 13:54 UTC

Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] Re: Requirements Comment
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:54:50 +0200
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: Steve Buko <steve.buko@dialogic.com>, Eric Burger <eburger@bea.com>, mediactrl@ietf.org

This is a good example.

You have an h.323 call leg from the H.323 UA to the AS (H.225+H.245). The AS uses SIP to the MS for media server control (I think we are not defining media control but media server control).

Now the H.323 UA will send an Open logical channel to the AS. The AS needs to respond with a transport address for the media in the Open Logical Channel ack. From where does the AS get this address. My view that it need to get it from the MS and this is the reason for the requirement.

Roni