Re: [Mip4] RFC 5177 on Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Thu, 24 April 2008 10:27 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:27:08 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip4] RFC 5177 on Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

George Tsirtsis wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Any feedback is good.
>
> - we should indeed sync up the docs a bit more now that one is
> stable. I will do that. - what new threats do you see with the new
> tunneling extension?

For example what happens if FA requests with the tunneling extension but
the MR prefers it not.

You don't see any threat with the tunneling extension?  MR-FA-HA is a
three-party communication and very much prone to risks.

> - not sure I see a reason to do more figures, but if you or someone
> puts together some relevant figures I would be ok with including them
>  in the draft.

Thinking about this.  I think the doc has no other figure.  Section 3.1
is way too short and compressed.  When reading, I need to mentally
picture those tunnels to understand it.  If I had figures in 3.1 my
reading would be eased.  Maybe I'll provide some figures later.

Alex

> Thanks George
>
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Alexandru Petrescu
> <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> George Tsirtsis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Now that NEMOv4-base is outof the way, how about starting the
>>> process for
>>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-fa-02 ?
>>>
>> Not sure whether you request procedural advancement or technical
>> discussion.
>>
>> Technically, I think there's need of some more syncing on FA-NEMO
docs, eg
>> citing numbers already allocated, ordering between different mobile

network