Re: [Mip4] RFC 5177 on Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Fri, 25 April 2008 21:32 UTC

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:31:21 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: George Tsirtsis <tsirtsis@googlemail.com>
Cc: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>, mip4@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Mip4] RFC 5177 on Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

George Tsirtsis wrote:
[...]
> - not sure I see a reason to do more figures, but if you or someone
> puts together some relevant figures I would be ok with including them
>  in the draft.

George, some figures are ready, but please clarify me some things first.

When the FA CoA model is used, and no nemov4-fa optimizations, and MR
attached to FA, does a packet's header captured on the link from HA to
FA, packet originally sent from CN to LFN, look like this?

                             src= HA@
                             dst= FA@________________(1)
                             src= HA@
                             dst= MR's HoA___________(2)
                             src= CN@
                             dst= LFN@

Do we call this model a "Foreign Agent Care-of Address" model instead of
a "Care-of Address" model? (section 3.1 ambiguously says "When the
co-located care-of address model is used [vs] When the care-of address
model is used")?

Do we expect a Modified IP Header and a Minimal Forwarding Header (RFC
2004 "Minimal Encapsulation withn IP"), or a GRE Header (RFC 2784
"Generic Routing Encapsulation"), anywhere at points (1) or (2) above?
Or do we assume always IP-in-IP encapsulation (RFC 2003 "IP
Encapsulation within IP").

Alex