RE: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt

"Arnoud van Wijk" <arnoud@annies.nl> Tue, 25 July 2006 13:03 UTC

From: Arnoud van Wijk <arnoud@annies.nl>
To: 'Colin Perkins' <csp@csperkins.org>, 'Gunnar Hellstrom' <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:03:44 +0200
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org

So Colin...
The issue is not txp or use-floor.
It is more or less WHAT is exactly the goal and use of the content label.

This label is to add information to the media stream what the content is.
So, when you receive 2 video streams using the same codecs, how do you know
one is signlanguage and one is the normal video telephone call? That is one
thing the content label solves.
But that does require user interaction or client interaction to ensure the
signlanguage stream is positioned correctly on the screen.

If you then look at the txp content label. The media stream gets labelled
that it is from a PSTN textphone.
PSTN textphone is a different content then subtitles or plain vanilla ToIP.

The user or the user client will be used in a different way based on the
content label. That is up to the user and the services he or she uses.

I totally fail to see your point that txp is different then sl or left
microphone or mainslides.

We both have a different view on what is content label and what is ok to use
it.
I appreciate the fact that you want to solve this and publish a draft on
that. I will surely study that when I see it floating on the MMUSIC mailing
list.

But maybe we should also focus on WHAT is the correct use of the content
label. Decide on that before saying txp is not allowed.

Arnoud

Arnoud A. T. van Wijk
AnnieS New Technology
www.AnnieS.nl