RE: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt

Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Fri, 25 August 2006 22:53 UTC

From: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Arnoud van Wijk <arnoud@annies.nl>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:11:43 +0200
Cc: 'Colin Perkins' <csp@csperkins.org>, 'MMusic' <mmusic@ietf.org>, 'Gonzalo Camarillo' <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>

Cullen,
Thanks for giving the media-content the required decision to move on.

This gives us a reason to review the requirements behind the proposed "txp"
parameter for text turntaking.
It can in fact be a combined audio/text turn-taking procedure. Real-time
text and voice takes turns during a call in many cases on the PSTN side. And
then, during text periods, turn-taking is often used for text in the two
directions.

That leads me to think that we should look at session level attributes.
Such as
Contact: duplex="half" or a suitable more precise indication in SIP.

It should be remembered that the media flow itself should be left to be full
duplex on the IP side.

More on this soon under another subject line.

Gunnar

-
Gunnar Hellström, Omnitor
gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se