Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review

<Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com> Thu, 15 January 2009 17:44 UTC

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:44:29 +0200
From: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com
To: sgundave@cisco.com
Cc: mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] GRE support in DSMIPv6 - AD review
Sender: mext-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Sri,

Adding GRE support to Mobile IPv6 needs a bit more than
a pointer to the GRE spec. Quoting from the IESG ballot:

- There's no text describing how GRE tunneling is actually done;
  for example, how the various parts of GRE header are set/used in
  the context of Mobile IPv6, how that interacts with RFC 4877, etc.

Also, the whole 'T' bit is problematic; from the IESG ballot:

- Apparently the 'T' bit does means only that MN supports the
  general TLV format; it may not support any of the specific TLV
  types, such as GRE (and new ones may be defined in the future).
  How this is supposed to work?

Best regards,
Pasi