[mpls] FW: I-D Action: draft-farrelll-mpls-opportunistic-encrypt-00.txt

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Thu, 09 January 2014 11:51 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: mpls@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:51:03 -0000
Cc: stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie
Subject: [mpls] FW: I-D Action: draft-farrelll-mpls-opportunistic-encrypt-00.txt

Hi MPLS working group,

Stephen and I have been looking at MPLS data plane security and wondering
whether anything could be done to help protect against various types of bulk
surveillance achieved by tapping entire links without requiring full and
management-heavy establishment of security associations.

This I-D is very rough! it is a first attempt to show what might be achieved. We
are confident that there are problems with what we have suggested both from a
security and an MPLS perspective. Your thoughts and comments are encouraged.

Thanks,
The Farrel twins.