Re: [mpls] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-05

Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com> Fri, 25 April 2014 15:02 UTC

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:02:27 -0400
From: Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com>
To: Eric Osborne <eric@notcom.com>
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-05

What if instead of "on the link" it is simoply "in the network".  This
recommend the use of EAG whenever the operators is using more than 32
colors across the link.  It thus actually better aligns with avoiding
the under-claiming issue by suggesting that operators should use the EAG
if they have more than 32 candidate colors.

Yours,
Joel

PS: substituting wants for wishes is probably reasonable.  If we talk
about network-wide you might even be able to us "intends".