Re: [mpls] comments on draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-02

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Wed, 03 April 2013 05:59 UTC

Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:59:10 +0200
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: mpls@ietf.org, Jeff Wheeler <jsw@inconcepts.biz>
Subject: Re: [mpls] comments on draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-02

Jeff,

replacing 0..15 with 0..N gives you a red flag day. All LSRs in
your network needs to be updated a the same time. And if you have
MPLS inter-connectivity between your mpls network and someone
other networkz, you have to update all LSRs in all networks at
the same time. Time is no remedy, you can do it now, in a year or
in ten years.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@mail01.huawei.com