[Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

rkoodli at starentnetworks.com (Koodli, Rajeev) Tue, 07 April 2009 23:46 UTC

From: "rkoodli at starentnetworks.com"
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 19:46:04 -0400
Subject: [Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

Folks,

Let's step back a bit..It doesn't help to pit one protocol against another like this, especially when they are both developed by us :-)

If the problem is well-understood - i.e., how to selectively move flows across interfaces for MIP, the same problem is being investigated here for PMIP6. Why? With multiple interfaces, there seems to be interest in this (so-called flow mobility). How will this work? We don't know yet, we don't have a standards spec, but there are a few drafts. We are only setting the stage for solution(s).

Given this, we should try to focus on investigating the problem and agreeing on how to go about working on a protocol specification. People already know they could use MIP6 for this. We could re-state it surely, but that cannot be the only approach.

Thanks,

-Rajeev