[Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com (Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com) Tue, 07 April 2009 18:41 UTC

From: "Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com"
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 20:41:59 +0200
Subject: [Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

The two features that are at the centre of this discussion are:
Multihoming (and flow mobility) and Inter-technology handovers.

It is natural to compare Mobile IPv6 and PMIP6 protocols in terms of how
best they are able to provide solutions for these. It is okay to discuss
them in the context of the IETF (I don't see where else you would have a
debate of IETF protocols).

Debating which protocol is deployed currently or will get deployed is less
useful. It is better to have a discussion of the protocol issues, scenarios,
limitations and solutions as a means to making a decision of what work we
choose to do. Deployments and industry will anyway choose a protocol that
best fits their needs and maybe we can do them a favor by providing a
comparative analysis via this discussion.

-Raj