[Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

gerardog at qualcomm.com (Giaretta, Gerardo) Wed, 08 April 2009 14:11 UTC

From: "gerardog at qualcomm.com"
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 07:11:51 -0700
Subject: [Netext] Keep missing the point .. Re: next steps for netext

Hi Mohana,

Uhm, this sounds at least weird to me. How can a legacy MN supports LTE?

Based on TS 23.402, the support of PMIPv6 for inter-technology handovers and the support of DSMIPv6 are both optional in the MN/UE.

If the MN/UE does not support either PMIPv6 for inter-technology handovers or DSMIPv6, then PMIPv6 is used for basic connectivity but no IP address preservation is provided.

Gerardo

PS: Yes, 3GPP recognized about two years ago that a MN needs to support something new to support inter-system handovers with PMIPv6